The Ladysmith Healthcare Auxiliary supports and encourages Senior Highschool students to join our Youth Volunteers at the Lodge on 4th. These Youth Volunteers interact and provide companionship to the residents in numberous ways:
- playing cards and games
- special occassion activities
- share time with and listen to the residents
- provide a window to the "outside world"
and bring laughter and joy to all the participants.
All of these volunteers have the opportunity to earn and qualify for one of two $4000 bursaries given by our Auxiliary. Some of the qualifying factors are:
- must be in grade 12
- must complete a minimum of 100 hours of service
- must be going into a "health related" field for post secondary education.
At this time, the program runs from October to mid May.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO CONTINUE PROVIDING VALUABLE COMMUNITY SERVICEVolunteers Make a Difference!