OUR 2017 DONATIONS:
Thanks to generous donations from our community and the hard work of our volunteers, Ladysmith Healthcare Auxiliary is able to donate several hundred thousands of dollars each year to health care related causes that benefit members of our community.
Pictured from left to right: Cynthia Durand (BC Cancer Foundation), David Freeman (student employee), & Cindy LaFleur, Linda Compeau, Pam Fraser (all Thrift Store members)
Some of the recipients of our donations are:
- BC Kidney Foundation: $10,800 kids camp & kidney suites upgrade
- BC Cancer Foundation: $30,000 for PET scanner
- Cowichan Family Caregivers: $2,000 for programs in Ladysmith
- Cowichan Valley Hospice: $28,000 for Hospice care & Hospice House
- Ecole North Oyster PAC: $3,250 for sex ed
- Ladysmith Community Health Care Centre: $79,900 for equipment
- Ladysmith Family & Friends: $7,000 for food program
- Ladysmith Fire & Rescue: $500 for Fire Safety books for children
- Ladysmith Intermediate School: $6,559 for swim lessons, sex ed and lunch program
- Ladysmith Primary School: $1,000 for swim lessons
- Ladysmith Resources Centre Association: $30,000 programs
- Ladysmith Search & Rescue: $2,100 for equipment
- Ladysmith Secondary School: $5,000 for breakfast & lunch program
- Nanaimo Child Development Centre: $10,000 for equipment
- Nanaimo/Ladysmith School Foundation: $16,000 for student bursaries
- Open Table: $1000 for Ladysmith Community Dinners
- Royal Canadian Legion: $1,000 for poppy fund
- Variety Club: $5,000 for equipment and programs
Organizations who wish to apply for funding from the Ladysmith Healthcare Auxiliary are asked to do so on a once per year basis.
If your organization has various departments, please ensure they collaborate in making one funding request per year.
** We do not contribute to funds used toward wages, GST, PST or shipping
For your convenience, click to download in WORD format
PLEASE EMAIL completed Donation Request Forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO CONTINUE PROVIDING VALUABLE COMMUNITY SERVICE
Volunteers Make a Difference!