REVISED PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID-19
Like many businesses during COVID-19 the Thrift Store’s volunteer base has been drastically reduced. This has affected all of our departments, but particularly our Donations Receiving area. Unfortunately, we are unable to keep up with your generous donations. For this reason – effective October 12, 2021 – we have made the difficult decision to reduce our Thrift Store Donations Receiving hours effective October 12 – 31, 2021 to:
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 2 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 2 pm
Receiving will be closed everyday from 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm for deep cleaning and sanitization.
The new hours will allow us to catch up and give much-needed reprieve to our volunteers. It is our hope that this decision will be for the short-term and we look forward to extending our hours once our volunteer base has stabilized. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, we could sure use your help. Call us at 250-245-5225, drop in to pick up a volunteer application or visit our Membership Page for more information.
We are only accepting clean, freshly washed, saleable clothing and household items at this time. No truck loads please.
When you make a donation, please bring it during our open hours. When items are left outside the gate after we have closed, they can get ruined by the weather or stolen. There is often a big mess to clean up when bags are broken open and contents spread out on the sidewalk.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING US broken, soiled or damaged items.
The disposal of those items costs money that could otherwise be available for donations to health initiatives in our community.
WE ACCEPT CLEAN, DRY AND USEABLE:
- clothing, shoes & boots
- linens, blankets and sleeping bags
- reusable shopping bags, egg cartons, cookie tins and fancy boxes
- hardware & electrical items, tools
- housewares, small appliances
- pictures & frames
- collectibles, antiques & ornaments
- light fixtures & lamps
- clocks, watches, jewelry
- books & magazines
- seasonal decorations
- fabric, sewing supplies, sewing machines
- yarn, knitting and crochet needles, patterns, etc.
- craft supplies, silk flowers
- toys, games, puzzles, dolls
- sports equipment, bicycles, ice skates, skis & snowboards
- auto accessories
- office & school supplies
- video & audio recordings (no copies), records & related equipment
- CD’s, LP’s and other original music recordings
- pet supplies
- garden supplies
- cash donations
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- TV’s & microwaves
- computers & monitors
- baby car seats & walkers
- infant toys, furniture or clothing
- helmets of any kind
- furniture & mattresses
- paints & chemicals
- copied audio & video tapes
- items that are broken