Thanks to generous donations from our community and the hard work and dedication of our loyal volunteers, the Ladysmith Health Care Auxiliary is able to donate each year to health care related causes, medical equipment, wellness initiatives and health related non-profit societies that benefit members of our community. From 2002 to end of 2021 the Ladysmith Health Care Auxiliary has funded over $6,200,000. For a detailed list of donations by year click on the link below.
2023 Donation Total: $267,077 to date
Our donation to LRCA for $30,000 donation on April 19, 2023 for the Early Years and Senior Advocacy Programs. Participating in the presentation were (left to right) LHCA Corresponding Secretary Paula Scott, LRCA Executive Director Karen Laing, LRCA Board President Sandra Marquis, and LRCA President Eithne Reichert.
- Cowichan District Hospital Foundation: $25,000 for towards two Automated Dispensing Cabinets for medications
- The Literacy Circle: $5,000
- Variety The Children’s Charity: $5,000
- Ladysmith Resources Centre Association: $30,000 for Early Years & Senior Advocacy Programs
- Ladysmith Community Health Centre: $2,500 for Primary Care Network Program Support
- Cowichan Therapeutic Riding Association: $3,000 for sponsorship of Therapy Horse Josefa
- Victoria Hospital Foundation: $10,000 towards a C-Arm
- BC Children’s Hospital: $10,000 towards a patient warmer
- Ladysmith Family & Friends: $20,000 for program support
- Nanaimo Child Development Centre: $10,000 for a variety of programs
- Cowichan Family Caregivers Support Society: $4,000 to support Ladysmith Caregivers
- Cowichan District Hospital: $19,560 for 4 Vital Signs Machines
- Ladysmith Secondary School: $18,920 for Hunger Bites program
- Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation: $25,000 towards the High Acuity Unit
- BC Cancer Foundation: $30,000 for 1 set of Venezio ILO equipment
- Ladysmith Fire and Rescue & North Oyster Fire Dept: $488 for fire safety education program
- Ladysmith Community Health Centre: $16,626 for Resuscitation room cabinet, medical stools and one Tonopen
- Ladysmith Primary School PAC: $4,983 for swim lessons
- Cowichan Valley Hospice Society: $15,000 for support in the Ladysmith Area for Grief Counselling
- Nanaimo – Ladysmith Schools Foundation: $12,000 for Student Scholarships
Funding Application Criteria:
Organizations who meet the following criteria may make a request for funding:
1. Are a non-profit or charity organization or association
2. Funding is required for health care and/or community wellness
3. Benefits people of Ladysmith and surrounding area
4. Benefits health care facilities used by residents of Ladysmith and surrounding area
5. Only one request per year per organization
6. We do not contribute to funds used towards GST, PST or shipping.
Funding Application Procedures:
Organizations who wish to apply for funding from the Ladysmith Health Care Auxiliary are asked to do so using the Donation Request form below. If your organization has various departments, please ensure they collaborate in making one funding request per year.
Requests will be submitted for consideration to our membership at General Meetings.
Note: We do not contribute to funds used toward wages, GST, PST or shipping.
Donation Request Forms
Request by Mail: If you wish to submit your request by mail, click on the button labelled Donation Request Form (pdf) to download a form for completion and mail it to the contact information provided. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the form.
Request by Email: We also accept email requests. If you use Office 365, click on the button labelled Donation Request Form (MS Word) to download a fillable form for completion and submit it to the email address provided. You will need Microsoft Word to open the form.