The Ladysmith Healthcare Auxiliary has always been strongly committed to protecting your personal information, providing the necessary safeguards to secure it, ensuring its accuracy and maintaining your confidentiality in how we collect, use and disclose it. We keep your information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to meet any legal requirements.
It has never been the practice of the Auxiliary to share or transfer personal information to any unrelated third party for any secondary marketing purpose.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information about you?
We do this to provide you with meeting notices and general information.
This allows us to:
- Communicate with you
- Enter your membership application into our database and create your membership
- Collect your annual membership dues
- Analyze membership statistics
- We use this information to attempt to match the volunteer's interests with volunteer jobs
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information for the purposes outlined above. Only the information pertinent to your membership will be obtained. This information could include:
- Name, address, telephone/fax numbers, e-mail address, emergency contact info, work experience or talent, references
- Volunteer hours, years of service and volunteer program interest
- Payment of membership dues
How may you show your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of this personal information?
You indicate your consent in one or more of the following ways:
- By providing your personal information to the Auxiliary to enrol as a member, including information previously provided to us
- By your express consent or acknowledgement in the membership application process
With whom do we share or collect information about you?
We may collect or share information with:
- Anyone authorized by you or by law to access such information
May you withdraw your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your information?
You may, on reasonable notice, withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. However, that may prevent us from providing you with membership to the Auxiliary.
We may contact you to offer other available membership information, services and/or programs. If you would rather not receive such information, please let us know that by contacting us as indicated below.
Further Information or Questions
If you have any concern about our privacy practices, you may contact our Membership Director.